Chanel – Allure Sensuelle
If you’ve loved Chanel fragrances in the past, you’ll definitely love this one from their Allure line. It is being marketed as the perfect eau de parfum for strong, independent women who like to make a statement.
While Chanel does make a similar cologne for men, Allure Sensuelle eau de parfum is made just for women. In fact, it is made for the modern woman who is intense, radiant, and sure of herself.
If you’re looking for a contemporary perfume that can also be described as alluring and magnetic, Chanel Allure Sensuelle is the signature scent for you.
It recognizes that all women are unique and aims to satisfy the needs of women who want to be a little different, smell good, and show off their uniqueness.
With soft and somewhat mysterious gourmand accents, the scents are all in perfect proportion to complement one another. It is a beautiful scent perfect both for women who like the outdoor, woody scents and those who like the lighter floral or citrus scents.
- Chanel – Allure Sensuelle
- Brand: Chanel
- Fragrance: Allure Sensuelle
- Release: 2005
- Gender: Women
- Perfumer: Jacques Polge
- Top Notes: Patchouli, pink pepper, peach, Mandarin orange, bergamot
- Middle Notes: Turkish rose, Bulgarian rose, iris, jasmine, dried fruits
- Base Notes: Patchouli, French vanilla, spices, sandalwood, vetiver, labdanum, lavender, amber
What Does Chanel Allure Sensuelle Smell Like?
This Jacques Polge masterpiece, with its floral notes and soft-oriental, amber-rich fragrance, is a sensual perfume that is warm and spicy, earthy and woody all at the same time.
If you love patchouli, you’ll appreciate it because this scent is included in both the top and base notes.
Other people describe it as being purely fruity and floral, and once you consider what it’s made with, you won’t wonder why.
How Long Does Chanel Allure Sensuelle Last?
Like most perfumes, each person will find that Allure Sensuelle lasts a different amount of time. Nevertheless, most users claim it lasts a good 8 to 10 hours, and, overall, I would say it’s fairly long-lasting.
When Should You Wear it?
Chanel Allure Sensuelle is not likely to be what you’ll wish to don when you’re celebrating or going to more formal occasions. Still, when you’re going out to dinner or getting together with friends, this is a great fragrance to use.
Where Should You Wear it?
It’s best worn on the wrists and, in fact, you’ll be tempted to sniff at your wrists at the end of the day because the scent will still be there.
Presentation and Value for Money
Chanel Allure Sensuelle comes in two sizes.
The smaller size, which contains 1.7 ounces, sells for around $108. The large bottle, which contains 3.4 ounces of perfume, sells for around $138.
Clearly, the bigger size offers more value for money because it is double the size of the smaller one and costs just $30 more. That being said, the smaller size is perfect for people who want to try it out first, and it is affordable for most people.
The Bottom Line
If you’re a modern woman who loves perfume, Chanel Allure Sensuelle is for you. It is so versatile that it can make both very feminine and tomboyish women happy.
While not made for super fancy occasions, with its decent lasting power, you can still wear this fragrance almost anywhere you go. The great thing about Allure Sensuelle EDP is that it smells expensive, and it will definitely get you so many compliments.
People will notice it and you’ll enjoy wearing it, and while it may be a little pricey for some people, overall the cost is decent.
Perfumes That Smell Like Chanel Allure Sensuelle
Some of the perfumes that smell like Chanel Allure Sensuelle include:
- Flowerbomb Rose Explosion (Viktor & Rolf). This perfume has a floral-oriental aroma and lasts roughly 12 hours.
It is citrusy and spicy and comes in a strength that is described as moderate. It also smells sensual and uplifting. It sells for roughly $107 for a 3.4-ounce bottle.
- Eau de Weil (Weil). A floral, green scent that combines things such as cedar, amber, and musk, Eau de Weil is available in several different sizes and is priced in the $15 to $60 range, depending on what size you choose to purchase.
- Bella Rosa (Oscar de la Renta). This is a woody- and floral-scented perfume with hints of amber and citrus as well.
It is very calming and has a nice fresh scent. It sells for around $41 to $102, depending on the size you purchase.
What Do Customers Say About it?
Customers love this perfume and have given it a 4.6-star rating (out of 5). Some of their compliments include that they
- think the perfume is “sexy;”
- keep it with them all the time;
- receive compliments frequently from other women;
- consider it soft but not subtle, which they like;
- never feel disappointed when they use it; and
- think it has great sillage.